Stretching Before a Workout

 Stretching before a workout does so much for your body and will improve your workout tremendously. When you stretch before a workout it can improve your posture which will prevent tight muscles and improve your form and technique when lifting. The improvement of your posture also helps decrease back pain as well.  Stretching before a workout will also prevent injuries like a pulled muscle or a muscle tear because it improves your range of motion. In addition, stretching before a workout can improve blood flow throughout the body which will help decrease muscle soreness. So before you start lifting heavy weights make sure you stretch beforehand!

Comments

  1. Hello!

    I am so glad I found a blog about working out. I go to the gym nearly every single day and I am open to new tips! This article surprised me, as I actually heard the complete opposite about stretching before a workout. Some say that one should only stretch out AFTER a workout, not before. But warming up instead. Articles say it isnt proven that stretching before helps and it could actually weaken your gym performance! Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only does stretching help you to work out it also gives you such a boost of energy in the morning. I stretch everyday in the morning and night. Stretching helps keep your body so healthy. More then you would think honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alexis!
    This is a great point! Stretching before working out is so important, even if you aren't working out a specific muscle you should still stretch it out. Stretching all your muscles is super important. I remember one time I didn't stretch and my hip flexors were so tight I couldn't move without wanting to scream in pain.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Staying Active during self- quarantining

Focusing On School Wellness Beyond Physical Education